Some clarity on the timeline for Philipp Grubauer's return from the COVID protocol absence list, via Avalanche coach Jared Bednar: “It will be more than 14 days until he’s back wearing a jersey for us.”
🚨NEW PODCAST IS LIVE🚨
In Ep. 14 of @FrontRngHockey Podcast, we talk:
• Grubauer, COVID, and trusting in Devan Dubnyk
• Alex Newhook's debut and the emergence of 18-year-old rookie Jean-Luc Foudy
• Expansion Draft picks, and who Seattle might take from the #Avs
• And more! https://t.co/88HO86qeJQ
The more I think about it... it’s a great deal for COL. Grubauer, Johansson, Dubnyk. Sakic believes that if 31 goes down, you’ve got two legitimate NHL caliber goalies that, working with their coaches and in their systems, can at the very least keep you in it. I think he’s right.
It wasn't pretty, but that's an impressive win for the #Avs. They were going up against a hot #stlblues team, had just gotten vaccines, were integrating new players into the lineup and were without Philipp Grubauer.
I haven't tweeted about last night's game yet!
1. I am HEARTBROKEN about Grubauer 😭
2. We are still acing it! Such a team to be proud of.
3. I wasn't here for any Dubnyk beef, so I am all for his game last night 👏
You keep me going, @Avalanche!
FINAL: The Avs beat the Coyotes 4-2. The two teams had a lot of scraps at the end, and Mikko Rantanen and Ryan Graves each had roughing penalties.
A rested Philipp Grubauer plays well, saving 35 of 37 shots. Rantanen scored twice. Nathan MacKinnon and Brandon Saad also scored.
Grubauer is in net tonight for the Avs. Jacob MacDonald returns from suspension and is in the lineup replacing Burroughs. Keaton Middleton gets another game.
Newly acquired Patrik Nemeth isn't dressing yet. Devan Dubnyk is backing up Grubauer.