Esme Profile Banner
Esme Profile
Esme

@discount_Ripley

Followers
17,111
Following
1,248
Media
1,070
Statuses
16,773

She/Her. Committed Socialist 🏳️‍⚧️ Tall and chatty. Help a gal out 👇

Gloucester, England
Joined April 2012
Don't wanna be here? Send us removal request.
Pinned Tweet
@discount_Ripley
Esme
5 months ago
My dream is very modest: It is that I could collect my hormones from a local pharmacy, pay the £9.15 prescription fee and get on with my day 🏳️‍⚧️ This shouldn’t be a dream, what I’ve just described is functioning healthcare in a system that values trans wellbeing. Ours doesn’t.
40
125
1K
@discount_Ripley
Esme
3 hours ago
Your words without actions are meaningless Joe..
Tweet media one
@JoeBiden
Joe Biden
18 hours ago
My message to all LGBTQ+ youth: Be you. You are loved. You are heard. You are understood. You belong. And we have your back.
12K
12K
106K
2
16
66
Esme Retweeted
@RoseSchmits
Rose Schmits, Trans Kiln Witch™
a day ago
From a trans person: this guidance is transphobic and legitimises transphobic, disrespectful and dehumanising language. Shameful @UCLanJMP @UCLan
5
23
226
Esme Retweeted
@Jack_Petocz
Jack Petocz
a day ago
Remember when Don’t Say Gay was being passed, and Republicans tried so hard to frame it as a bill prohibiting sex-ed. Well the law goes into effect in 2 days, and teachers are literally being ordered to scrape off rainbow safe-space stickers from their classroom doors.
1K
21K
83K
Esme Retweeted
@KatyMontgomerie
Katy Montgomerie 🦗
21 hours ago
A "Gender Critical" activist LOST his legal case today [pdf] He argued that his protected beliefs should allow him to misgender, harass and disrespect trans people while he was at work, his employer said he wasn't, the court and appeal agreed
51
846
5K
@discount_Ripley
Esme
21 hours ago
Got referred to as “that Thing” the other day. In addition to being quite hurt by the remark, I’m also disappointed that I’m not a space age, cosmic extraterrestrial life-form. I’m just trans.
3
0
50
@discount_Ripley
Esme
22 hours ago
Afternoon gays 🏳️‍🌈🌸
Tweet media one
3
0
60
Esme Retweeted
@KatyMontgomerie
Katy Montgomerie 🦗
a day ago
@TimesRadio Btw if anyone ever says the phrase "fast-tracked" about trans healthcare in the UK you can instantly write them off as a liar. Waiting times are over 5 years for even a single appointment. For surgery it's closer to a decade. It's just fearmongering
54
321
3K
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
This advice is disgustingly transphobic. It encourages journalists to use a trans persons deadname and report on their medical transition and GRC status, call trans women biological men and refuse to use pronouns. It calls using pronouns, “colluding in their deception”
5
18
111
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
This is the kind of broadcasting standard we have now in Britain. Radio hosts spending their spare time getting wound up about pronouns and making ridiculous remarks about what people should look like.
Tweet media one
26
118
1K
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
Tell me you’ve never been to Europe without telling me.
@esaagar
Saagar Enjeti
2 days ago
Europe is substantially poorer, more racist, less dynamic, and MUCH less free than the US Food is bland, coffee tastes like shit, the weather is mostly awful, their primary cultural export is tourism, and they have less say in the affairs of the world
11K
2K
15K
5
0
35
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
You don’t look at any other healthcare and use the experiences of 0.1 % of people to define healthcare and support for the other 99.9%. It’s ludicrous.
3
2
62
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
The story at the moment is someone currently in their 30s who gave their consent to transition, consented to have surgery and wasn’t “forced”. People might detransition for all sorts of reasons but one of the big ones is societal pressure and lack of acceptance.
1
0
60
@discount_Ripley
Esme
a day ago
Detransitioners deserve support and recognition. Part of that recognition is realising that very very very few people ever detransition. It is immoral and disingenuous for them to use their personal experience to deliberately limit other trans people accessing healthcare.
4
29
252