Amin πŸ“– Profile Banner
Amin πŸ“– Profile
Amin πŸ“–

@PersianCapital

Followers
6,494
Following
198
Media
967
Statuses
6,106

I’m sharing what I’m learning on human nature and finance. I love dogs, machines, and a select few humans. I once built and sold a company.

The Netherlands
Joined June 2021
Don't wanna be here? Send us removal request.
Pinned Tweet
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
9 months ago
Double your knowledge by studying the counterintuitive If you're a Marxist, read Milton Friedman Libertarian? Read Marx If you're vegetarian, read a book on the benefits of meat If you're a Mac user, try Windows or Linux Hate the Fed? Read a book by a central banker (by, not on)
5
11
33
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
7 hours ago
I love these idiosyncratic people on HN: β€œI’ve never owned a smartphone. I do not feel isolated. I talk to the neighbors all the time and work with them on my homestead. If I needed more social interaction I would join one of the local churches despite not being religious.”
Tweet media one
0
0
0
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
11 hours ago
People with natural advantages will accumulate more resources than others. They’ll use their resources to get power, to garner even more resources. Run this through a couple of generations and you’ll soon have the social hierarchy that we have today. h/t @IAmMarkManson
Tweet media one
0
0
1
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
12 hours ago
Hypocrisy can be a display of power
Tweet media one
0
0
1
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
12 hours ago
Imagine you could take a bet where there’s an 80% chance that you double your net worth and a 20% chance that it’s cut in half. Caviat: You’re only allowed to bet your entire net worth all at once. Will you take it?
Yes, I’ll take it
47
Nope
20
2
0
2
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
It’s easy to look at a long-term chart of stocks and advocate to β€œstay the course”, but when a portfolio became large enough, drawdowns become terrifying and painful.
Tweet media one
0
0
3
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
I wonder how different the COVID death toll would’ve been if governments didn’t change anything to stop it. No travel bans, no lockdowns, no mask mandates. I suspect many people would still protect themselves and others, but I’ve got no idea how it’d affect the total death toll.
1
0
3
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
After governments forced COVID lockdowns, the conspiracy naturally became: β€œYou see? They just want total control bro!” If governments had done nothing, it’d be: β€œThey don’t care about our lives. They want us dead. It’s part of the depopulation agenda!”
0
1
13
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
. @stablekwon on his Twitter use: β€œI think I developed an entertaining alter ego to match the community that I was engaging with.”
Tweet media one
0
2
3
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
Elon Musk was into solar energy β€œbefore it was cool”. In 1994, he wrote a paper predicting how material improvements in solar cells would enable a rise in solar power technology.
Tweet media one
0
0
2
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
Elon Musk on his dad: β€œHe was such a terrible human being. You have no idea. There is nothing you can do. I’ve tried everything; threats, rewards, intellectual arguments, emotional arguments, everything to try to change my father for the better, and he just got worse.”
Tweet media one
3
2
3
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
Tweet media one
0
0
1
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
Nietzsche was a bundle of contradictions. He preached self-reliance while he was frail and weak and depended on others to care for him.
Tweet media one
1
0
2
@PersianCapital
Amin πŸ“–
a day ago
If you don’t like Twitter as of late, here’s a fix: 1) unfollow many accounts to increase the signal-to-noise ratio, and 2) set the timeline to show recent tweets.
0
0
2