The deaths have been completely ignored by the media and political establishment, which is now declaring victory over the pandemic.
This school was operated by the Roman Catholic Church from July 1891 to March 31, 1969. The federal government then managed the school until it closed.
In 2006 reform to pension and benefit allowances spark a series of protests throughout the country. In response the government reversed its position the following year.